Event date: 10-13-2021
Event Time: 5:00 PM
Breast cancer detection and treatments have come a long way in the wake of recent technological innovations and scientific breakthroughs. Today, organizations are making great strides in detecting cancer earlier and developing groundbreaking new treatment options for those battling the disease. This innovation has recently spurred an increase in intellectual property being registered in the hopes of making treatments more effective, easily deliverable, and with fewer side effects than ever before.
With so many rapid developments in the medical field, intellectual property and innovation are critical to the protection of scientific advances as well as patient quality of care.
Please join us as our panel of industry leaders discuss:
• Recent developments in breast cancer treatments and their delivery
• Why innovation is a necessary path to improved access to screening
• How to find inspiration to further advance the medical field, particularly screening and medication delivery systems
• How intellectual property plays a key role in modern medical advances
• JULIE TOLEK, ESQ , Trademark Attorney at Caldwell Intellectual Property Law and Breast Cancer Survivor; Executive Leadership Committee Member of American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, Boston.
• MICHAEL R CASSIDY, MD, Boston Medical
• NILTON D MEDINA, MD, Boston Medical
• LAINA SCHWEIZER, Senior Product Manager, Becton Dickinson
• LISA LABADINI, Senior Manager, Community Development at American Cancer Society
• NEAL KHURANA, MD, DABR, RPVI, Interventional Radiologist and Managing Partner at Vascular & Interventional Specialists of Siouxland
• SAMANTHA JACKMAN, Director at Boost Innovations Ltd and Arts and Heritage Consultant, Project Manager and Freelancer