About This Workshop
HTML and CSS are the fundamental building blocks of the web. Whether you’re a beginner who wants to get started in web development, a designer looking to hand-code their concepts, or a marketer who wants a little more control over their CMS, you’ll need to know HTML and CSS to get the job done.
This one day workshop is the quickest way to get started building websites. You will dive head first into HTML and CSS, skill up with live coding exercises, and by the end of the day you’ll have a working web page to call your own.
- Basics of the internet and how webpages work
- Syntax of HTML and CSS
- How to build common types of websites including landing pages and marketing sites
- Principles of front-end code organization and project structure
- How to modify the code of existing websites
- How to deploy a website to the internet
- Learn the fundamentals of web development by diving in to HTML and CSS
- Understand how browsers work to interpret your code and present your website
- Build your own basic website from scratch
- Get familiar with freely available resources on the web so you can continue on your coding journey